The Missionary Baptist Society of Hollandsburg, Indiana was organized on October 2, 1858. A group met at the home of James and Rhoda Stout. The congregation voted to build a 40 foot by 50 foot church which was then dedicated on August 6, 1859 as the Union Baptist Church.
The church was purchased by Billie Creek Village at moved from it’s original site on May 29, 1981. The roof was removed and the building cut in half (from side to side). The floor just in front of the altar was the diving line. These two halves were moved on flat bed semi-trailers. A temporary bridge was build across William’s Creek to get the church to it’s current location. The approximate cost of the move was $40,000.