Built in 1899, the bridge was named for the town located to the northwest on the creek and station of the B & 0 Railroad. Harry Wolf owned the land near the bridge and many called the bridge, “Harry Wolf Bridge.”
Although the bridge was built by Joseph A. Britton the portal was modified into a Joseph J. Daniels Arch, while the framing for an angular Britton portal can be seen from the inside.
According to a letter by Joseph J. Daniels dated May 18, 1899, he bid $680 to build this bridge. The contract was awarded to Joseph A. Britton for a lesser amount.
The Leatherwood Station Bridge was moved to Billie Creek Village on August 12, 1981. It is now an attraction at the village: open only to foot, horse, and wagon traffic.