Newspaper and Print Shop
This print shop is housed in the building formerly occupied by the Bellmore telephone switchboard office during the late 1800’s. It was moved from its original site (northeast corner of U.S. 36 and State Road 59 in Bellmore, IN) to the Village in 1971.
Most of the printing equipment found in the building today was used in publishing the Rockville Republican that was first printed in 1832.
The Republican, which has since merged with its former rival the Rockville Tribune, is now known as the Parke County Sentinel. It is one of the oldest newspapers in the state of Indiana.
The Covered Bridge Courier Office has been a working part of Billie Creek Village in the past and still prints special orders for the Village and Farmstead. There are several printing machines that stand within the building. Due to the massive weight of all these machines the building has suffered major structural failures. At this time, the building is closed to the public while a plan is created to revive such a special location.